To get to know our bloggers better, we're doing the Proust Questionnaire, a form of interview created by Marcel Proust and popularized by Vanity Fair. We hope you enjoy this fun series. Meet new 2014 blogger, Rachel Lance!
Proust Questionnaire: Rachel
2. What is your greatest fear? The sun exploding (which my husband assures me is not going to happen while we're alive)
3. What is the trait you most deplore in yourself? My anxiety
4. What is the trait you most deplore in others? Lack of empathy
5. Which living person do you most admire? My daughter, Shierry. Also Beyoncé.
6. What is your greatest extravagance? My ridiculous moisturizers, plural
7. What is your current state of mind? Content
8. What do you consider the most overrated virtue? Purity
9. On what occasion do you lie? When someone invites me out, but all I want to do is stay home in my pajamas and watch true-crime shows
10. What is the quality you most like in a man? Curiosity
11. What is the quality you most like in a woman? Not giving a flip
12. Which words or phrases do you most overuse? Bad words
13. What or who is the greatest love of your life? My husband and my daughter
14. When and where were you happiest? A tie between the beach in Maui and just being out and about with my family
15. Which talent would you most like to have? I’d love to be artistic
16. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? I’d get rid of my anxiety and self-doubt
17. What do you consider your greatest achievement? So far, this kid.
18. If you were to die and come back as a person or a thing, what would it be? Probably an orangutan.
19. Where would you most like to live? New York City
20. What is your most treasured possession? A pair of earrings passed down from one of my grandmothers and the ribbon from the wrapping of the last gift that my other grandmother ever gave me
21. What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery? Loneliness
22. What is your most marked characteristic? That I talk loud and fast and a lot and about everything
23. What do you most value in your friends? That they’re kind and hilarious
24. Who are your favorite writers? On the internet: Ta-Nehisi Coates. In books: Zadie Smith. On television: Mike Schur and Louis C.K.
25. Who are your heroes in real life? Teachers
26. What is it that you most dislike? Waiting in lines
27. What is your greatest regret? Going to and paying for (for the rest of my life) law school
28. How would you like to die? I’d prefer not to, but I suppose at the exact same time as my husband knowing that Shierry is safe and happy
29. What is your motto? Pugs not drugs