CCA American Sign Language Webinars
You can learn conversational sign language with your CCA friends now through CCA’s new ASL webinars. These live, weekly webinars will feature a short lesson (to supplement your personal practice and study), the introduction of new ideas, words, or phrases, and a chance to be one of the webcams attendees who practices along on video chat! The webinars will also be recorded and made available at a later date.
CCA Mom and Son duo, Rose and Frederick Seitz
Rose and Frederick live in Northeast Ohio and have been signing since Frederick was a baby. Frederick, 24, attends University of Akron and will graduate in May with a Bachelors in Electrical Engineering.
Read more about Rose’s Journey to ASL in this great blog post from 2015: http://www.ccakidsblog.org/2015/06/our-journey-to-asl.html
Starting September 13 at 7:00pm CT
Meeting weekly on Tuesday evenings, 7pm – 7:45pm CT
No class on Nov. 22 and the last class for 2016 will be Dec. 13.
Virtually via GoToMeeting – make sure you download and test this product on your computer or mobile device before the first webinar. http://help.citrix.com/meeting/join
ASL Webinar Series
Please join my meeting from your computer, tablet or smartphone.
First GoToMeeting? Try a test session:
- Sign up online here.
- Up to 26 attendees can participate in the live webinar, with the ability for up to 4 attendees to share their webcam and practice along on video.
- Sign on information will be emailed to the group and it will be your responsibility to sign on early to get into the live session.
- For those who cannot attend live, the sessions will be recorded and made available in the future for free download/online use.
- Set a calendar reminder for the weekly meeting.
- The login info won't change, so bookmark the page.
- Sign on early!
- Do your homework!
is an award-winning interactive online language learning system. The multi-faceted, comprehensive system allows patrons to learn conversational language at their own pace. The library-user-free program allows patrons to fully utilize Rocket Language's easy to access online lessons right from your own home! Users can continue to access their program until they determine they have completed the course, you will need to login into your library website with your library card and account information. Check with your local library to ask them for more detailed instructions.
- While you’re at the library…
Make friends with your Librarian and ask them if they want to help host a Wonder premiere in your area!