By Kara Jackman
Lady Gaga takes the stage during the Super Bowl halftime show on Sunday to introduce the Born This Way Foundation's Kickoff For Kindness. Gaga and her mother, Cynthia Germanotta, who started the foundation, want everyone to take this opportunity to choose kind and who better to help them than all the kindness warriors at CCA.
Every day presents a number of opportunities, large and small, to be kind to one another. Whether it be donating to one of your favorite non-profit organizations like CCA, or simply holding the door for the person entering the building after you, there is always a way to infuse care for others into our every day lives.
Kindness is one of the cornerstones of the Born this Way Foundation founded by Lady Gaga in 2012. Their mission reads, "Born This Way Foundation is committed to supporting the wellness of young people and empowering them to create a kinder and braver world. We achieve this by shining a light on real people, quality research, and authentic partnerships." You can learn more about the work they are doing for children, teens, and adults at this website.
What Can You Do?There is a number of ways to take action on Super Bowl Sunday on Sunday, February 5, 2017. Here are a few ideas:
- Throw a Super Bowl party with a kindness theme.
- Collect canned goods, coats, or other clothing to donate to a local homeless shelter or non profit
- Organize a day of service for a local charity or non-profit organization
- Raise awareness on social media by using the hashtag #KickoffForKindness
- Even more suggestions can be found on the Born This Way Foundation's webpage.